As a result of our continuous efforts to expand the DIDB platform coverage of pharmacokinetic-based drug interactions beyond metabolism and transport, the following new “Overall Effect” categories are now available for in vivo DDI studies:
- In Vivo Other Mechanism >20% Effect
- In Vivo Other Mechanism No Effect
With the following Study subtypes
- pH dependency (absorption)
- Binding/chelation (absorption)
- Gastrointestinal motility (absorption)
- Plasma protein binding displacement (distribution)
- Enzyme down-regulation/up-regulation reversal (metabolism)
- Complex/multifactorial mechanism
As we increase the number of citations pertaining to these mechanisms, you will start seeing these new studies in the queries (dropdown menus) and their results. As a first step, we entered all pH-dependent DDI evaluations (both negative and positive results) with proton pump inhibitors and we will continue adding absorption-based DDIs to the platform during the coming months.
Should you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
DIDB Editorial Team